|Oral Parliamentary Question (OPQ)
|Does my right hon. Friend share the priorities of my constituents, who believe that this Parliament should focus its attention on cutting the deficit, promoting growth and getting people off welfare and into work? They would be bemused if they learned that we were to spend much of our time discussing the reform of the House of Lords. How shall I explain that priority to them?
I suspect that my right hon. Friend will do so in the same way as he will no doubt explain to his constituents that there are other priorities, such as changing the boundaries of constituencies, which I know is close to his heart and that of his party. I think that Governments and Parliaments can do more than one thing at once. I also believe that it is a simple democratic principle that the people who make the laws of the land should be elected by the people who have to obey the laws of the land.
|House of Commons (HoC)
Latest News:Wednesday, February 21
- Amendment 66 – Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Bill
- Don’t be Fooled by the Blob, Brexit is already Paying Dividends
- UK-EU Trade: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Climate Risk Models
- Electric Vehicle Batteries: Fires
- Global Heating
- Biosecurity and Infectious Diseases – Motion to Take Note
- Arrangement of Business – Announcement