Rt Hon Lord Lilley

    Written Parliamentary Question (WPQ)
    543 c1256-7W
    Lilley, Peter
    Overseas Students: Higher Education
    To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how many students from other EU member states attending UK universities have student loans.
    Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
    Willetts, David
    Generally students from non-UK EU member states are entitled to loans for tuition fees only. These are paid to the institution where the student studies, not the student.Figures on the number of EU students taking out an Income Contingent Repayment (ICR) loan to pay their institution tuition fees are published each year by the Student Loans Company (SLC) in the publication “Student Support for Higher Education in England”. The latest publication is available via the following link and the relevant table is table 4B:”http://www.slc.co.uk/media/140371/slcsfr062011.pdf”
    House of Commons (HoC)
    Commons Chamber