|Written Parliamentary Question (WPQ)
|Police: Conditions of Employment
|To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what her policy is on serving police officers being authorised to undertake other paid employment in their own time.
|[holding answer 14 July 2011]: It is for chief officers to approve or refuse applications by serving police officers for business interests or additional employment. The Police Regulations 2003 place restrictions on the private lives of police officers designed to secure the proper exercise of the functions of a constable. Guidance on the management of business interests and additional occupations for police officers has been issued by the Association of Chief Police Officers.
Latest News:Wednesday, February 21
- Amendment 66 – Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Bill
- Don’t be Fooled by the Blob, Brexit is already Paying Dividends
- UK-EU Trade: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Climate Risk Models
- Electric Vehicle Batteries: Fires
- Global Heating
- Biosecurity and Infectious Diseases – Motion to Take Note
- Arrangement of Business – Announcement