|To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what advice he has received from the Met Office about likely weather conditions in the winter of 2010-11.
|Department of Energy and Climate Change
|Near the end of each month (October to January) the Met Office provided forecasts for three months ahead to Cabinet Office. These were shared with the Department.In each of these forecasts, the most likely scenario for northern Europe was that the following three months would be colder and drier than normal. The October forecast indicated an increased risk of a cold, wintry start.
Latest News:Wednesday, February 21
- Amendment 66 – Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Bill
- Don’t be Fooled by the Blob, Brexit is already Paying Dividends
- UK-EU Trade: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Climate Risk Models
- Electric Vehicle Batteries: Fires
- Global Heating
- Biosecurity and Infectious Diseases – Motion to Take Note
- Arrangement of Business – Announcement